Saturday 24 January 2015

Helpful places for healthy products in Saudi Arabia



Hi everybody!

As I went through my old mail...I came across this e-mail from a lovely Saudi lady that "live like us"..."You are what you eat". Now, I did not try out these shops myself. When I do I will let you know.
Just something or an opinion or an experience to share with you all.

Abazeer have some lovely products, but I am not so sure if it is the real deal and if they repack products, imported and just put it under their lables. They do not put in detailed ingredients on the stickers as well. I have been sick after a few different products since there was not stated that it contains hidden sugars or gluten ext and I am allergic to any form of cane sugar/gluten ext. A few people had shared the same thought with me. So maybe just make sure that it is really gluten free ext.

I wrote to Danube Jeddah last week. Just to ask if they could think about importing more raw products or singled ingredients. All and well you find all these flours and readymade mixes and gluten free products, but if you have food allergies one ingredient made it impossible to buy and eat the product. It would be lovely to bake and create on our own. I was not very positive to get any feedback, but it is worth the try. Who has contacts within any supermarket in Jeddah?

I have so many amazing blogs and recipes, but you can only do it if you order from amazon.com or bring a load full in your suitcase and it will only last a month or so...what is the use of it all????

Please share your shopping experience with all of us if you have found natural products somewhere?
1. Tangy Touty - imports products & sells some home-made organic foods as well, like kale chips, dried fruits & peanut/coconut/almond butter
053 492 4110 (Rawaya Nawab)

 2. Organica 
vegetables, fruits, dates, meat & eggs
056 161 9933
www.organica.com.sa

3. Al-Bai Bakery for European bread - no preservatives or added sugars
(sour dough, sunflower seeds, olive, bell pepper, onion; etc) - customizing available by request
050 560 8677
* I store it in the freezer not fridge to keep it for longer time

4. Norah Pharmacy in Tahlia Street (in front of Fayfa old location). They import some good biscuits & snacks for toddlers

5. Transit market don’t be misguided by the name:) it's a little market that specializes in imported goods and foods, healthy & unhealthy. Located next to Teayana, Corniche. Another one in Obhur by the marina
* there's another two places that I hear are good and have good fruits & vegetables, however I never tried them so I don't know how true or how far organic it is
a. Farm Supermarket (Jarir Mall, also Rawdah St)
b. Goodies (Stars Avenue Mall)

For more details about  healthy food please visit our website http://www.aldawleiah.com

No comments:

Post a Comment